NUCO Travel Terms and Conditions 2020-21
Terms and Conditions
Our Booking Conditions set out clearly and simply the responsibilities which we at NUCO Travel (Registered address: Beech House, Gatley Road, Cheadle, SK8 1PY and Company Number 7821913) have to you and which you in turn have to us when you use our services. Please note in particular that:
• During the continuation of the Covid-19 pandemic we have a specific mitigation policy in place;
• The rights and obligations that apply to your booking differ depending on whether you book a package holiday or non-package booking as set below;
• If for any reason you cancel your holiday, cancellation charges will apply and may be up to 100% of the booking cost. We may also cancel your booking;
• You may make amendments to your booking but there will be a charge for this and we can change your booking where it is necessary for us to do so;
• You should take out travel insurance that is appropriate to your needs;
• We provide financial security as required by The Package Travel and Linked Travel Arrangements Regulations 2018 for package holidays through our membership with the Travel Trust Association (TTA) (membership number: Q0068) and for flight inclusive holidays our ATOL membership (number T7470);
• Some of the flights and flight-inclusive holidays on this website are financially protected by the ATOL scheme. But ATOL protection does not apply to all holiday and travel services listed on this website. This website will provide you with information on the protection that applies in the case of each holiday and travel service offered before you make your booking. If you do not receive an ATOL Certificate then the booking will not be ATOL protected. Please see our booking conditions for information, or for more information about financial protection and the ATOL Certificate go to: www.caa.co.uk
• We are responsible for your package holiday subject to the terms of these Booking Conditions and will pay you compensation when appropriate.
• We have a minimum number requirement for our tours; should your party not meet the minimum number requirement, you will be given the option to pay a supplement or cancel the booking
• Due to the effects of Covid-19 and the ever changing nature of government and regulatory advice in the UK and abroad, prior to paying your holiday balance you will be required to agree and accept an acknowledgement of risk waiver. It is a term of your holiday contract that you accept it, failing which your holiday may be cancelled and deposit refunded in accordance with clause 7 below.
Please note that for accommodation only bookings, or bookings made for single transport, or other tourist services alone (‘non-package bookings’) we act only as an agent in respect of all bookings we take and/or make on your behalf. If you book any such single service and then later book another such service it will not convert your booking into a package holiday and it will remain a non-package booking. For all such arrangements your contract will be with the supplier of the arrangements concerned and we will not be liable for any of their wrongful acts or omissions whatsoever. The following terms and conditions will not apply and such arrangements will not be financially protected.
You may be booking the holiday for yourself only or for a group which may or may not include yourself. If you are making a booking for a group, you must obtain authority from all the group members to act on their behalf. Anyone under the age of 18 wishing to travel must, prior to departure, provide NUCO Travel with written consent from their legal guardian. You must ensure that all members of the group are made fully aware of these booking conditions and that they agree to be bound by them. All references to you/yourself in these booking conditions will mean yourself and any other persons that you are acting on behalf of.
By making a booking, the first named person on the booking agrees on behalf of all persons detailed on the booking that:
a. he/she has read these Booking Conditions and has the authority to and does agree to be bound by them;
c. he/she is over 18 years of age (or failing this has the authority and permission to make a booking from a parent or legal guardian who has provided valid written consent to NUCO Travel;
d. he/she accepts financial responsibility for payment of the booking on behalf of all persons detailed on the booking.
1. YOUR HOLIDAY CONTRACT – In order to complete your holiday booking it must be processed online at www.nucotravel.com. Your booking will not be processed unless you have checked the box agreeing to these booking conditions. Your booking is complete once you have fully completed the online booking process, your first payment has been received and we have issued you with a booking confirmation. At this point a contract is formed between us. You are responsible for making sure you have submitted correct up-to-date personal contact details and if these details change you must amend your NUCO online account accordingly.
In the run up to and during your holiday, NUCO Travel may communicate with you via SMS or push notifications within our passenger app, we cannot be held financially responsible for elements of your package you may not benefit from should you not receive such messages. If your confirmed arrangements include a flight, we (or if you booked via an authorised agent of ours, that agent) will also issue you with an ATOL Certificate. Upon receipt, if you believe that any details on the ATOL Certificate or booking confirmation or any other document are wrong you must advise us immediately as changes can not be made later and it may harm your rights if we are not notified of any inaccuracies in any document within ten days of our sending it out (five days for tickets).
2.YOUR FINANCIAL PROTECTION – We provide financial security for package holidays through our membership with the Travel Trust Association (TTA) (membership number: Q0068) and ATOL membership (number T7470). The TTA provides total financial protection for the customers of TTA Members’ in the event of a TTA Member’s financial failure. The financial protection involves two aspects. Firstly, every TTA Member operates a Trust Account. Every single penny received from a customer must be deposited into the TTA Member’s Trust Account. The Trust Account is supervised by an independent Trustee. Secondly, in addition to the Trust Account, every TTA Member will issue a Stand Alone Safe Seat Plan Guarantee to each passenger. This is a Guarantee from the TTA to the customer of their financial protection. Therefore, the Trust Account and the Guarantee will ensure that all the money which a customer has paid to a TTA Member is safely protected.
When you buy an ATOL protected flight or flight inclusive package from us you will receive an ATOL Certificate. This lists what is financially protected, where you can get information on what this means for you and who to contact if things go wrong.
We, or the suppliers identified on your ATOL Certificate, will provide you with the services listed on the ATOL Certificate (or a suitable alternative). In some cases, where neither we nor the supplier are able to do so for reasons of insolvency, an alternative ATOL holder may provide you with the services you have bought (at no extra cost to you). You agree to accept that in those circumstances the alternative ATOL holder will perform those obligations and you agree to pay any money outstanding to be paid by you under your contract to that alternative ATOL holder. However, you also agree that in some cases it will not be possible to appoint an alternative ATOL holder, in which case you will be entitled to make a claim under the ATOL Scheme (or your credit card issuer where applicable).
If we, or the suppliers identified on your ATOL certificate, are unable to provide the services listed (or a suitable alternative, through an alternative ATOL holder or otherwise) for reasons of insolvency, the Trustees of the Air Travel Trust may make a payment to (or confer a benefit on) you under the ATOL scheme. You agree that in return for such a payment or benefit you assign absolutely to those Trustees any claims which you have or may have arising out of or relating to the non-provision of the services, including any claim against us, the travel agent (or your credit card issuer where applicable). You also agree that any such claims may be re-assigned to another body, if that other body has paid sums you have claimed under the ATOL scheme.
If you book arrangements other than a package holiday from us, your monies will not be financially protected. Please ask us for further details.
3. YOUR HOLIDAY PRICE
a. Payment Schedule – In order to make a booking, you must pay at least the specified minimum deposit. If booking within 6 weeks of the holiday departure date, you must pay in full. The remaining balance of the holiday must be paid no later than 6 weeks before departure; this is referred to as the balance deadline date. Where balances are not paid on time we reserve the right to cancel your holiday, retain your deposit and apply cancellation charges in accordance with clause 7 below. If the balance is not paid on time, but at our discretion, we allow you to continue with your holiday booking, your holiday price will automatically be subject to an additional £20 late payment admin fee to reflect the additional costs incurred by us in processing your payment and administering your booking.
b. Payments – All holiday payments must be made by credit or debit card, we do not charge a fee for card payments. We do not accept payments by American Express, cheque, cash or by bank transfer.
4. PRICING – The price of your travel arrangements has been calculated using the exchange rate of £1.00 equates to €1.12
We reserve the right to amend the price of unsold holidays at any time and correct errors in the prices of confirmed holidays.
The price of your confirmed holiday is subject at all times to variations in:
i. changes in costs relating to the carriage of passengers as a result of the cost of fuel or other power sources; or
ii. the levels of taxes or fees on the travel services included in your chosen arrangements imposed by third parties not directly involved in the performance of the package, such as, but not limited to, tourist taxes, landing taxes, or embarkation or disembarkation fees at ports and airports; or
iii. the exchange rates used to calculate your arrangements.
Such changes in price may result in an increase or decrease of the cost of your chosen arrangements and could include but are not limited to airline cost changes which are part of our contracts with airlines (and their agents), cruise ship operators and any other transport providers.
If a price increase is due, we will write to you explaining why and showing a calculation of how the increase is calculated. We will not impose a surcharge within 20 days of the commencement of your arrangements and where any price increase exceeds 8% of the total price of your package holiday (excluding any insurance premiums, amendment charges and/or additional services or travel arrangements), clause 9 below and your right to cancel will apply. Where any price reduction is due to you because of the decrease in our costs in the categories set out above we will deduct our administrative expenses from any refund owed and will provide proof of any expenses so deducted.
5. IF YOU CHANGE YOUR BOOKING – If, after our confirmation email has been issued, you want to change any of your holiday arrangements we will do our best to meet your requirements. Changes to component elements such as ski hire, ski school, other extras, events or excursions can be amended free of charge up until the balance deadline date, this is done by managing your booking at www.nucotravel.com. After the balance deadline date all package elements are fixed and booking amendments are only considered on a request basis by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Where amendments are possible any additional costs incurred by NUCO Travel must be paid by you. Changes to major elements of your packages such as accommodation or transport may not always be possible and are only considered on a request basis by emailing email@example.com. For the purpose of clarity NUCO Travel reserves the right to decline any form of booking amendment after the balance deadline date.
Important Note: Certain arrangements may not be amended or transferred after they have been confirmed and any alteration could incur a cancellation charge of up to 100% of that part of the arrangements.
6. PASSENGER NUMBERS – We have a minimum number requirement for our tours; should your party not meet the minimum number requirement, you will be given the option to pay a supplement or cancel the booking. Where group numbers are 30 we cannot guarantee the provision of in-resort representation, and due to regulations with our suppliers in France, groups may be required to pay their own tax de sejour (approximately between 1-4€ per person per night) to the reception. We also reserve the right to pass on the charges of any extra coach transfer costs incurred due to a fall in group numbers. Unless specified at the time of booking, local coach pick up points can not be guaranteed where less than 15 people require it, in such instances passengers will be expected (at their own expense) to make their own way to the closest available coach pick up point. Where we do not provide in resort representation our customer service team provide resort support and can be contacted through the live chat function of our passenger app.
7. IF YOU CANCEL YOUR BOOKING – You may cancel your holiday at any time provided that the cancellation is made by yourself through the online system or is sent to us in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org. Up until the balance due date, you may do so without the loss of your deposit. In the case of cancellation after the balance due date we will retain all deposits paid, and in addition, apply cancellation charges according to the following schedule:
Period before departure in which you notify us Cancellation Charge
More than 42 days – None
More than 28 days – 60% of holiday cost
More than 14 days – 80% of holiday cost
14 days or less – 100% of holiday cost
Passengers who do not travel and do not officially cancel either in writing or online are termed a “no show”; any such passengers are not eligible for any refund and will be charged 100% of the total price. Passenger welcome packs and their contents remain the property of NUCO Travel for all cancelled and no show passengers. Anyone whose arrival into the resort is going to be delayed by more than 24 hours must notify NUCO Travel in writing no later than the scheduled day of departure with their new arrival details; without prior written notification, late arriving passengers will be treated as no show passengers. NUCO Travel are not obligated to provide a ski pass to any passenger who arrives into the resort any later than 09h00 on the second valid day of their ski pass even if prior written notification has been provided. Please note that insurance premiums and amendments charges are not refundable in any circumstances.
Important Note: Certain arrangements may not be amended after they have been confirmed and any alteration or cancellation could incur a cancellation charge of up to 100% of that part of the arrangements in addition to the charge above.
If the reason for your cancellation is covered under the terms of your insurance policy, you may be able to reclaim these charges.
We will deduct the cancellation charge(s) from any monies you have already paid to us.
8. TRANSFER OF BOOKING AND NAME CHANGES – You or anybody named on your booking may transfer your booking to another person (“the transferee”) who satisfied all the conditions required by these booking conditions. If you wish to request such a transfer, you must do so in writing to us at least 7 days before the commencement of your arrangements. There is no fee for name changes processed more than 42 days prior to departure. There is a £50 fee for name changes processed within 42 of departure. In cases where NUCO Travel incurs additional supplier costs on your behalf you and the transferee will be liable for such costs in addition to the name change fee. For example, if you are travelling by air and NUCO Travel incurs an additional name change and increased fare from the airline then you are then liable for these costs plus the NUCO Travel name change fee. If you are unable to find a replacement but need to cancel, cancellation charges will apply. Otherwise, no refunds will be given for passengers not travelling or for unused services.
9. IF WE CHANGE OR CANCEL YOUR HOLIDAY – We reserve the right, in any circumstances and at any time, to cancel your holiday. In the unlikely event of this happening we will offer you an alternative holiday, if available, and receiving or paying any price difference. If we have to cancel your holiday we are only liable for any monies that you may have paid to us at the time of cancellation and for the compensation payments detailed below.
The exceptions to this are where the cancellation occurs as a result of your non-payment of the full holiday cost by the balance deadline date, if you are under 18 and have not provided NUCO Travel with written consent to travel from your legal guardian, if your holiday is terminated as a result of your breach of the rules of personal conduct described in clause 15, or in the event of “force majeure” as defined in clause 20. In these circumstances, we cannot accept liability or offer compensation or refunds if we are forced to cancel your holiday or curtail the remaining parts of it, or change, in any way, your holiday or where the performance or prompt performance of our contractual obligations is prevented or effected.
We will not, where possible, cancel your travel arrangements less than 42 days before your departure date, except for reasons of force majeure. We may cancel your holiday before this date if, e.g., the minimum number of clients required for a particular travel arrangement is not reached.
If we have to make a major alteration to your holiday such as location of resort, quality of the accommodation or dates of travel, we will notify you as soon as possible. A major alteration does not include changes made to component elements of a package such as accommodation location, changes in apartment type, changes in apartment sizes, changes in room allocation, changes in coach departure times or changes in ski school times where it is foreseeable they would likely have no material effect on your enjoyment of the holiday overall.
If we have to make a significant change before the start of your chosen arrangements (including an increase of the price of your arrangements above 8%) then you will be entitled to accept the changes or cancel without paying a cancellation fee and receive a refund within 14 days. We will inform you without unnecessary delay in writing of any such rights along with:
(a) the proposed changes and, where appropriate, their impact on the price of your chosen arrangements;
(b) how long you have to inform us of your choice in writing to either accept the changes or cancel without paying a cancellation fee;
(c) the consequences of your failure to respond within the period referred to in paragraph (b); and
(d) any substitute package, of an equivalent or higher quality, if possible, offered to you and its price.
If you choose to take a substitute package or accept amendments to your arrangements which result in a lower overall quality or cost, you are entitled to an appropriate price reduction. If you do not inform us within the time we specify of your choice to accept the changes or terminate the contract we will write to you again to remind you, if you still do not respond we may treat your booking as cancelled and refund all payments due to you.
If we cancel or make a major change to your holiday less than 42 days before departure, we will pay you compensation as detailed below. The compensation that we offer does not exclude you from claiming more if you are entitled to do so.
Period before departure in which we notify you Amount you will receive from us
More than 42 days – NIL
More than 28 days – £10
More than 15 days – £20
14 days or less – £30
We reserve the right to make changes to your holiday before and after your booking is confirmed. If we make a minor change to your holiday, we will make reasonable efforts to inform you or your travel agent as soon as reasonably possible if there is time before your departure but we will have no liability to you. Examples of minor changes include alteration of your outward/return flights by less than 12 hours, changes to aircraft type, change of accommodation to another of the same or higher standard, changes of carriers. Please note that carriers such as airlines used in the brochure may be subject to change.
Important Note: We will not pay you compensation in the following circumstances:
where we make a minor change;
where we make a major change or cancel your arrangements more than 42 days before departure;
where we have to cancel your arrangements as a result of your failure to make full payment on time;
where the change or cancellation by us arises out of alterations to the confirmed booking requested by you;
where we are forced to cancel or change your arrangements due to Force Majeure (see clause 20).
10. SURVEILLANCE EQUIPMENT – You understand, by signing these booking conditions, that NUCO Travel may instruct contractors or third parties to ensure the security and safety of our customers, employees and agents. You understand that the contractors acting in their employment may use surveillance equipment and such equipment may capture images and/or videos of you. You agree to us capturing such footage and understand that this footage may be shared internally, with your university or group leader and also with third party organisations such as the police. The footage will only be shared as necessary for the safety and security of those involved in your booking and for the prevention and deterrence of crime and disorder.
11. CUTTING YOUR HOLIDAY SHORT – If you are forced to return home early, we cannot refund the cost of any travel arrangements you have not used. If you cut short your holiday and return home early in circumstances where you have no reasonable cause for complaint about the standard of accommodation and services provided, we will not offer you any refund for that part of your holiday not completed, or be liable for any associated costs you may incur. Depending on the circumstances, your travel insurance may offer cover for curtailment and we suggest that any claim is made directly with them.
12. IF YOU HAVE A COMPLAINT – If you have a complaint during your holiday, please inform both the relevant supplier in resort and NUCO Travel Head Office within 24 hours and we’ll do our utmost to resolve the problem within a further 24 hours. Complaints and issues verbally raised with a resort rep will not be considered official and will not be dealt with on a similar time frame. If the matter cannot be resolved whilst you are in resort, you must also notify us of your complaint within 28 days in writing by completing our “Register a Complaint” online form at www.nucotravel.com/register-a-complaint/. You will be required to provide us with full details of your complaint and all associated booking references. If we are not able to resolve your complaint satisfactorily, the Travel Trust Association can act as an independent intermediary. Please detail the matter to the Travel Trust Association either by email (email@example.com) or submit online here. Should the response that you receive through the Travel Trust still not be satisfactory, they can then offer you an independent Arbitration Service.
13. WEBSITE ACCURACY – We have done our best to provide accurate information in our brochure and on our website at the time of publication. Some of the photographs shown are general skiing scenes, may not show the actual accommodation, and have been included to give an idea of our resorts. Many of the facilities described are not under our control and we reserve the right to change these if necessary. You will be notified of any such changes as soon as possible.
14. CONDITIONS OF CARRIAGE – When you travel on an aircraft, train, coach or ship, the conditions of carriage of that carrier apply and are subject to National and International conditions which may limit or exclude liability. Your contract made under the terms of these booking conditions is subject to English (Scottish) law and jurisdiction.
15. PERSONAL CONDUCT
a. General – NUCO Travel are not at any point acting in loco parentis for any of its passengers. Each passenger is responsible for their own well-being, you must do all that you can to take care of yourself and to minimise your exposure to risky or dangerous environments. You must do all that you can to safeguard yourself from injury. You should have access to money for emergency situations (in the region of 1,000€ on a credit card should be sufficient provided you have adequate travel insurance) and an operational mobile phone with international roaming enabled, a working mobile phone is crucial should you have a serious accident. Although NUCO Travel will do its utmost to support you in the event of an injury or you becoming unwell, it is your responsibility to take yourself to the nearest medical facility.
b. Behaviour – NUCO Travel do not accept responsibility for a passenger should they be reckless, careless, or heavily intoxicated. We reserve the right to terminate the holiday of any passenger at any point in the event of unacceptable conduct which may cause damage, distress, danger, personal risk or severe annoyance to themselves, other passengers, employees, suppliers, property, or any third party. Our holiday responsibilities for any such passenger(s) then cease, the perpetrators of any damage will be responsible for the full cost of repair or replacement and we will be under no obligation for any refund, compensation or loss which you or your group may incur.
c. Drugs – NUCO Travel operates a zero tolerance policy to all those who are found in possession of illegal drugs, any such persons will be reported to the relevant authorities and their holiday will be terminated. This applies to any substance or practice which is illegal either in the United Kingdom or in your country of destination, even if the substance or practice is not illegal in the country in which it is found by NUCO staff. Any person found to be severely intoxicated, whether by illegal or legal drugs, or alcohol, will not be permitted to travel on NUCO transportation or to attend organised events or activities, and no compensation or refund will be provided.
d. Transport – You must at all times observe and follow the rules and regulations set out by NUCO Travel and its transport operators. You must sit down with your seat belt on at all times while travelling on board any coach. The consumption of alcohol is not permitted at any time while on board any coach or transfer vehicle. If when arriving at either the coach or the transfer vehicle you are perceived to be drunk you will not be allowed to board either form of transport. If you are perceived not to have conformed to these rules you will be deemed a danger to those around you and your holiday will be terminated and no refund given or compensation granted. All passengers travelling by coach or transfer vehicle will be responsible for ensuring that their luggage is loaded and off-loaded at the correct points.
e. Residences – We reserve the right to terminate the holiday of any passenger who is in our opinion guilty of anti-social behaviour. It is French Law that when in holiday accommodation all tourists must remain quiet between the hours of 2200 and 0800. Public nudity in any form is not acceptable and will be deemed anti-social behaviour. Where residences deem it necessary to contract additional night managers or security staff to manage your or your group’s behaviour you are liable for the extra cost which will be deducted from your communal damage deposit.
f. Covid 19 – By making a booking everyone on that booking agrees to adhere to our covid 19 mitigation policy. This is a continually evolving policy to reflect current guidance and the written instructions for which will be distributed to passengers prior to departure. The objective of this policy is to help ensure all our passengers know what is expected from them with regards covid 19 while on a NUCO holiday.
16. DISABILITIES AND MEDICAL PROBLEMS – We will do everything within our power to enable anybody with a disability or medical problem to book and enjoy one of our holidays like any other person. If you or any member of your party has any medical problem or disability which may affect your booking, please provide us with full details before you make your booking so that we can try to advise you as to the suitability of your chosen arrangements. We may require you to produce a doctor’s certificate certifying that you are fit to participate. Acting reasonably, if we are unable to properly accommodate the needs of the person(s) concerned, we will not confirm your booking or if you did not give us full details at the time of booking, we will cancel it and impose applicable cancellation charges when we become aware of these details.
17. DAMAGE DEPOSIT – A damage deposit of £65/€100 per person is payable as part of your holiday cost. Your damage deposit along with that of the other members of your group is pooled together to form a larger “Communal Deposit”. This is held by NUCO Travel to cover the cost of any additional charges levied against you, your group as a whole, or any other member of your group while on holiday. This includes but is not limited to: Damage, cleaning, or rubbish removal from any part of your accommodation including communal areas such as reception, corridors, lifts, stairwells, the surrounding land, and outside rubbish disposal and recycling points. Lost, unaccountable, or damaged apartment contents or keys. Additional security costs as a result of anti-social behaviour. Damage and or cleaning to; coaches, transfer vehicles, ferries or any public areas such as bars and nightclubs.
In instances where a passenger is, in our opinion, guilty of anti-social behaviour, NUCO Travel also reserves the right to request that an additional damage deposit is paid to demonstrate the passengers desire to improve their behaviour. In the instance where for whatever reason the passenger is not prepared to pay this additional damage deposit, NUCO Travel reserves the right to terminate their holiday.
Certain accommodation agencies may insist that as well as this damage deposit; they require a credit card pre-authorisation on arrival in order to distribute room keys.
In the event that any damage charge directly attributed to you or your apartment exceeds the total damage deposit you have paid, you are liable for the additional costs incurred. In instances where damage caused by other members of your group exceeds their personal damage deposit and NUCO Travel has not been able to recover the extra costs from the relevant passengers we reserve the right to reclaim these costs from the “Communal Deposit”.
NUCO Travel aims to make your damage deposit refund available for you to claim within 14 days (2 weeks) of your return. In circumstances where our suppliers are unable to confirm the cost of damage caused by you or your party within 7 days of your departure from the resort this will in turn cause a delay in our ability to process your refund within the 14 day target. In such cases we will do our utmost to keep you updated on the revised schedule.
You must reclaim your damage deposit within 42 days (6 weeks) of your return, where damage deposits are not reclaimed in this period NUCO Travel reserves the right to retain the damage deposit. If you wish to reclaim your damage deposit into an international bank account you are liable for the costs of the international bank transfer.
If you would like NUCO Travel to appeal against the charges levied against you by one of our suppliers on your behalf, you must notify us, in writing, within 7 days of receipt of the email entitled “Damage Deposit Refund.” Please provide us with full details of the charges you’d like us to contest including adequate supporting evidence via the online form at Contesting a Damage Deposit Charge.
18. TRAVEL INSURANCE – As a condition of booking, you must have appropriate travel insurance in place for your holiday. It is important that if you are skiing or snowboarding you have comprehensive winter sports insurance in place. NUCO Travel may provide insurance policy options through its online booking system, passengers who take winter sports insurance provided through NUCO Travel have a 14 day cooling off period from the date of booking, after this they are not permitted to remove or change their insurance cover. If you arrange your insurance separately from NUCO Travel you must provide details of the insurance provider and policy number. NUCO Travel Ltd accepts no responsibility for any losses suffered by those passengers that are not appropriately insured.
19. PASSPORT, VISA AND IMMIGRATION REQUIREMENTS & HEALTH FORMALITIES – It is each passenger’s personal responsibility to ensure that he or she has valid travel documentation which meets the requirements of immigration and other authorities at every destination. In order to ensure compliance, passengers should carry a valid passport (and visa if applicable) or EU/EEA government issued national identification card on all journeys. Any fines, penalties, payments or expenditures incurred as a result of breach of these requirements shall be paid by or charged to you.
All passengers must ensure they have a corresponding valid NUCO Travel e-Ticket, this can be in paper printed form or a digital pdf form via their smartphone, this must be kept accessible for the duration of your holiday. We do not accept any responsibility if you cannot travel, or incur any other loss because you have not complied with any passport, visa, immigration requirements or health formalities.
You agree to reimburse us in relation to any fines or other losses which we incur as a result of your failure to comply with any passport, visa, immigration requirements or health formalities.
Most countries now require passports to be valid for at least 6 months after your return date. If your passport is in its final year, you should check with the Embassy of the country you are visiting. For further information contact the Passport Office on 0870 5210410 or visit https://www.gov.uk/browse/abroad/passports.
Special conditions apply for travel to the USA, and all passengers must have individual machine readable passports. Please check https://uk.usembassy.gov/
For European holidays you should obtain a completed and issued form EHIC prior to departure.
Up to date travel advice can be obtained from the Foreign and Commonwealth Office, visit https://travelaware.campaign.gov.uk/
Non British passport holders, including other EU nationals, should obtain up to date advice on passport and visa requirements from the Embassy, High Commission or Consulate of your destination or country(ies) through which you are travelling.
20. FORCE MAJEURE – Except where otherwise expressly stated in these Booking Conditions we will not be liable or pay you compensation if our contractual obligations to you are affected by any event which we or the supplier(s) of the service(s) in question could not, even with all due care, foresee or avoid. These events can include, but are not limited to war, threat of war, civil strife terrorist activity and its consequences or the threat of such activity, riot, the act or advice of any government or other national or local authority including port or river authorities, industrial dispute, lock closure, natural or nuclear disaster, fire, chemical or biological disaster and adverse weather conditions, epidemics and pandemics, unavoidable technical problems with transport and all similar events outside our or the supplier(s) concerned’s control.
21. SPECIAL REQUESTS – Any special requests must be advised to us at the time of booking e.g. diet, room location, a particular facility at a hotel etc. You should then confirm your requests in writing. Whilst every effort will be made by us to try and arrange your reasonable special requests, we cannot guarantee that they will be fulfilled. The fact that a special request has been noted on your confirmation invoice or any other documentation or that it has been passed on to the supplier is not confirmation that the request will be met. Failure to meet any special request will not be a breach of contract on our part unless the request has been specifically confirmed by us. We do not accept bookings that are conditional upon any special request being met.
22. OUR RESPONSIBILITY TO YOU
1. Except for non-package bookings we are responsible for the proper performance of your arrangements included in your contract with us irrespective of whether those services are to be performed by us or another supplier. We have no liability to you and no compensation will be payable for any damage which is attributable to; i) you; or ii) a third party unconnected with the provision of the service in question and the improper performance was unforeseeable or unavoidable; or iii) such improper performance is due to unavoidable and extraordinary circumstances.
Please note that it is your responsibility to show that we or our supplier(s) have been negligent if you wish to make a claim against us.
2. Where we are responsible for any improper performance we will pay you appropriate compensation and a price reduction. Improper performance will be judged in the light of any relevant local standards or practices which will often be lower than those in the UK.
3.We limit the amount of compensation we may have to pay you if we are found liable under this clause:
a. loss of and/or damage to any luggage or personal possessions and money: the maximum amount we will have to pay you in respect of these claims is an amount equivalent to the excess on your insurance policy which applies to this type of loss per person in total because you are assumed to have adequate insurance in place to cover any losses of this kind.
b. Claims not falling under (a) above and which don’t involve injury, illness or death: the maximum amount we will have to pay you in respect of these claims is twice the price paid by or on behalf of the person(s) affected in total. This maximum amount will only be payable where everything has gone wrong and you or your party has not received any benefit at all from your booking.
c. Claims in respect of international travel by air, sea and rail, or any stay in a hotel:
i. The extent of our liability will in all cases be limited as if we were carriers under the appropriate Conventions, which include The Warsaw/Montreal Convention (international travel by air); The Athens Convention (with respect to sea travel); The Berne/Cotif Convention (with respect to rail travel) and The Paris Convention (with respect to hotel arrangements). You can ask for copies of these Conventions from our offices. Please contact us. In addition, you agree that the operating carrier or transport company’s own ‘Conditions of Carriage’ will apply to you on that journey. When arranging transportation for you, we rely on the terms and conditions contained within these international conventions and those ‘Conditions of Carriage’. You acknowledge that all of the terms and conditions contained in those ‘Conditions of Carriage’ form part of your contract with us, as well as with the transport company and that those ‘Conditions of Carriage’ shall be deemed to be included by reference into this contract.
ii. In any circumstances in which a carrier is liable to you by virtue of the Denied Boarding Regulation 2004, any liability we may have to you under our contract with you, arising out of the same facts, is limited to the remedies provided under the Regulation as if (for this purpose only) we were a carrier.
iii. When making any payment, we are entitled to deduct any money which you have received or are entitled to receive from the transport provider or hotelier for the complaint or claim in question.
4. It is a condition of our acceptance of liability under this clause that you notify any claim to us and our supplier(s) strictly in accordance with the complaints procedure set out in these conditions.
5. Where any payment is made, the person(s) receiving it (and their parent or guardian if under 18 years) must also assign to us or our insurers any rights they may have to pursue any third party and must provide ourselves and our insurers with all assistance we may reasonably require.
6. Please note, we cannot accept any liability for any damage, loss or expense or other sum(s) of any description:
a. which on the basis of the information given to us by you concerning your booking prior to our accepting it, we could not have foreseen you would suffer or incur if we breached our contract with you; or
b. relate to any business.
7. We will not accept responsibility for services or facilities which do not form part of our agreement or where they are not advertised in our brochure. For example, any excursion you book whilst away, or any service or facility which your hotel or any other supplier agrees to provide for you.
23. ACCOMMODATION – We have carefully selected all of the resorts and accommodation on the basis they are suitable for our customers. The vast majority of all our accommodation is budget self-catering apartments. Apartment provisions vary from one residence to another, however it should not be assumed that your accommodation and package includes elements such as bed linen, towels, end of stay cleaning, cleaning materials, Wi-Fi, televisions, or more than one set of keys. You should always check your specific inclusions with NUCO Travel prior to travel.
Unless specified at the time of booking all packages are based on full occupancy of apartments and this can sometimes necessitate two persons sharing a double bed, sofa beds and/or bunk beds. Keys to access your apartments are not available until 1700hrs on the day of arrival and then rooms must be vacated by 1000hrs on the final day of your accommodation booking. When vacating rooms they must be cleaned and left in the same state as you were given them. Customers will be responsible for paying any charges for cleaning, damages and/or breakages prior to departure from the resort. Any charges not paid for in resort will be deducted from the passenger damage deposits.
On arrival it is the responsibility of each passenger to report any pre-existing damage and maintenance issues with their apartment directly to the accommodation reception, or relevant accommodation agency, promptly and no later than 24 hours after arrival. Accommodation suppliers reserve the right to categorise any damage or maintenance issues reported after this deadline as none pre-existing. Reporting any such damage to a NUCO representative will not obviate the passengers’ responsibility and hence any charges related to such pre-existing damage will remain chargeable from the damage deposit.
Please note the following in relation to your accommodation and COVID-19, any accommodation will only be provided in accordance with local rules and regulations but note that:
Unless specified at the time of booking you will be accommodated in apartments at full occupancy.
When fully occupied, the nature and size of the apartments mean it may not possible to maintain social distancing between the occupants within the apartment .
Although we will do everything possible to enable passengers to select who they share apartments with, it is not always possible for such preferences to be met.
In instances where a passengers accommodation preferences cannot be met, the affected passenger will be allocated to an apartment at full occupancy with other passengers from their group.
The accommodation will be cleaned in accordance with prevailing local practices which may be different from the UK and more or less intensive.
You must behave in accordance with any COVID-19 mitigation policy we notify you of even if this impacts on your enjoyment of the holiday.
24. COACH TRANSPORT – Where coach travel is included in the package NUCO Travel will arrange all the timings and pick up points as agreed with your organising committee and the specific coach company. It is your responsibility to arrive at your departure point in good time, our coaches are on tight schedules and will not wait for latecomers. If you do miss your coach you are responsible for the cost and organisation of your onward journey.
Our coaches have limited luggage space and therefore all passengers must adhere to our strict baggage allowance rules. Each passenger is permitted one main bag to go in the hold and one small bag to carry on board. Your main bag must be a soft shell (hard shell cases will be refused) with a maximum weight of 18kg and must not exceed the dimensions: 76cm × 45cm × 45cm or approximately 110 litres in volume. NUCO Travel will make appropriate arrangements for a limited number of skis and snowboards to be carried by each coach, only those pre-booking slots of equipment carriage through the online booking system will be permitted to carry skis or a snowboard on holiday. Anyone carrying ski or snowboard boots must ensure they are packed within their main hold bag and not in a separate boot bag.
You are fully responsible for your own baggage at all times, where in transit you must ensure that your baggage is loaded and unloaded onto the correct vehicle at the correct time, NUCO Travel will not be held responsible for lost baggage. All the coach companies we contract must have in place a Europe-wide-24 hour response recovery policy. In the unlikely event of a coach breaking down, the coach company is responsible for arranging roadside / in resort assistance and /or for a recovery vehicle to be sent. NUCO Travel will monitor this recovery with the coach company and will try to keep you and your travelling group informed.
Please note that in relation to COVID-19:
It will unlikely be possible to maintain social distancing on board a NUCO operated coach.
Our coach package prices are based on vehicles being run at (or very close to) full capacity where this is permitted.
Passengers should assume that all the seats on the vehicle will be filled and that they will need to sit next to someone for the duration of the journey.
In some cases, depending on the size of your group and selected pick up point, you may well be required to share the vehicle with passengers from other NUCO groups.
Depending on government advice at the time of departure, passengers may be required to wear a mask for the duration of the journey.
Any passengers with a physical or mental health condition, or disability which makes wearing a mask an increased risk will be exempt.
All coaches will be deep cleaned both prior to the departure from the UK and again in resort prior to departure back to the UK.
All coaches to be supplied with hand sanitizer. As a minimum passengers will be expected to sanitize their hands each time they embark and disembark the vehicle.
We will ask passengers to comply with any additional requirements as directed by the UK or local government(s) with regards the spread of Coronavirus.
25. FLIGHTS – All flight information displayed on our website comes direct from the airlines that provide the flight. A 3rd party is responsible for scanning this data and supplying it to our website. Please be aware that in certain circumstances flight data may not be in real time and prices can fluctuate. All flight times are provisional and are subject to change by the airline providing the flight. You should check your flight timings at least 48 hours before travel. We accept no responsibility for you missing your flight if you have not done this. If you fail to check in on time, the airline is entitled to refuse to allow you to board the flight. We accept no responsibility if such a situation arises.
Please note that some airlines require you to check in online. Where applicable your paperwork includes instructions regarding the online check in procedure. Failure to check in online will result in check in fees at the airport which you will be liable to pay for. It is your responsibility to make sure that your luggage is within the allowance of the airline providing your flight. We strongly recommend checking your airline’s luggage allowance before travelling as these are subject to change. We accept no responsibility for charges incurred for you going over your luggage allowance.
26. AIRPORT TRANSFERS – Where your holiday includes airport transfers to an airport to catch a flight we will make every reasonable effort to ensure you arrive at the airport in time for your flight. We shall have no liability for any delay or failure to arrange to carry you, or for breach of contract, where caused by a circumstance beyond our reasonable control. Circumstances beyond our control shall include, without limitation: cancelled flights, war or threat of war, mechanical breakdown, accidents causing delays on our service route, other unforeseen traffic delays, riot, demonstration or any other local disturbance, exceptional severe weather conditions, fire and/or damage at an airport or in resort, compliance with requests of the police, customs or other government officials and security services, vandalism and terrorism, strike/industrial action, problems caused by other customers, bankruptcy, insolvency or cessation of trade of any carrier used by us and other circumstances affecting passenger safety.
Please note that in relation to transfers and COVID-19:
It will unlikely be possible to maintain social distancing on board a NUCO organised transfer.
Our transfer package prices are based on vehicles being run at (or very close to) full capacity.
In some cases, you may be allocated onto a transfer operated by one of our partners. This being the case it is likely you have to share the vehicle with members of the general public.
In some cases, on NUCO operated transfers, you may well be required to share the vehicle with passengers from other NUCO groups.
Passengers should assume that all the seats on the vehicle will be filled and that they will need to sit next to someone for the duration of the journey.
Depending on government advice at the time of departure, passengers may be required to wear a mask for the duration of the journey.
Any passengers with a physical or mental health condition, or disability which makes wearing a mask an increased risk will be exempt.
We will ask passengers to comply with any additional requirements as directed by the UK or local government(s) with regards the spread of Coronavirus.
Our holidays take place in public and during your participation of them you may be filmed or video. Unless you notify us otherwise in writing we may store and use any still photographs or film featuring you to promote our business in all and any media, including, without limitation, in our printed publications, presentations, promotional materials, in the advertising of our goods or services or on our websites or social media channels.
28. VAT – All continental prices for holidays with NUCO Travel are quoted inclusive of VAT. Please note that our operations fall with the Tour Operators Margin Scheme (TOMS) for VAT purposes and we are only able to issue a separate VAT invoice where prices are quoted exclusive of VAT. In all other cases, no VAT reclaim will be possible.
29. CONDITIONS OF SUPPLIERS – In the event that we use independent suppliers to make up your holiday, those suppliers provide the services in accordance with their own terms and conditions which will form part of your contract with us. Some of these terms and conditions may limit or exclude the supplier’s liability to you, usually in accordance with applicable International Conventions. Copies of the relevant parts of these terms and conditions are available on request from us or the supplier concerned.
30. PROMPT ASSISTANCE IN RESORT – If the contract we have with you is not performed or is improperly performed as a result of failures attributable to a third party unconnected with the provision of the services, or as a result of failures due to unusual and unforeseeable circumstances beyond our control, the consequences of which could not have been avoided even if all due care had been exercised, or an event which we or our suppliers, even with all due care, could not foresee or forestall, and you suffer an injury or other material loss, we will offer you such prompt assistance as is reasonable in the circumstances. Where you experience a delay which is not owing to any failure by us, our employees or subcontractors, this prompt assistance is likely to extend to providing help in locating refreshments, accommodation and communications but not paying for them. Any airline or other transport supplier may however pay for or provide refreshments and/or appropriate accommodation and you should make a claim directly to them. Subject to the other terms of these conditions, we will not be liable for any costs, fees or charges you incur in the above circumstances, if you fail to obtain our prior authorisation before making your own travel arrangements.
31. DELAYS, MISSED TRANSPORT ARRANGEMENTS AND OTHER TRAVEL INFORMATION – If you or any member of your party misses your flight or other transport arrangement, it is cancelled, or you are subject to a delay of over 3 hours for any reason, you must contact NUCO Travel and the airline or other transport supplier concerned immediately.
Under EU Law, you have rights in some circumstances to refunds and/or compensation from the airline in cases of denied boarding, cancellation or delay to flights. Full details of these rights will be published at EU airports and will also be available from airlines. If the airline does not comply with these rules you should complain to the Civil Aviation Authority at www.caa.co.uk/passengers. Reimbursement in such cases is the responsibility of the airline and will not automatically entitle you to a refund of your holiday price from us. If, for any reason, you do not claim against the airline and make a claim for compensation from us, you must, at the time of payment of any compensation to you, make a complete assignment to us of the rights you have against the airline in relation to the claim that gives rise to that compensation payment. A delay or cancellation to your flight does not automatically entitle you to cancel any other arrangements even where those arrangements have been made in conjunction with your flight.
We cannot accept liability for any delay which is due to any of the reasons set out in clause 20 of these booking conditions (which includes the behaviour of any passenger(s) on any flight who, for example, fails to check in or board on time).
The carrier(s), flight timings and types of aircraft shown in our brochure or on our website and detailed on your confirmation invoice are for guidance only and are subject to alteration and confirmation. We shall inform you of the identity of the actual carrier(s) as soon as we become aware of it. The latest flight timings will be shown on your tickets which will be despatched to you via email approximately two weeks before departure. You should check your tickets very carefully immediately on receipt to ensure you have the correct flight times. If flight times change after tickets have been dispatched via email we will contact you as soon as we can to let you know.
Please note the existence of a “Community list” (available for inspection at https://ec.europa.eu/transport/modes/air_en)) detailing air carriers that are subject to an operating ban with the EU Community.
Our website is our responsibility, as your tour operator. It is not issued on behalf of, and does not commit the airlines mentioned herein or any airline whose services are used in the course of your travel arrangements.
33. FOREIGN OFFICE ADVICE – You are responsible for making yourself aware of Foreign Office advice in regard to the safety of the countries and areas in which you will be travelling and to make your decisions accordingly. Advice from the Foreign Office to avoid or leave a particular country may constitute Force Majeure. (See clause 20).
34. JURISDICTION AND APPLICABLE LAW – These terms and conditions are governed by and will be construed in accordance with English law and any dispute will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts. You agree that any dispute, claim or other matter which arises between us out of or in connection with your contract or booking will be dealt with by the Courts of England and Wales only. You may however, choose the law and jurisdiction of Scotland or Northern Ireland if you live in those places and if you wish to do so.
35. NO VARIATION – No variation of these terms and conditions shall be binding on either party unless it is made in writing.